Have you ever heard of Christmas Jumper Day? Sound fun? Something you would like to do and donate to a good cause whilst you’re getting in to the Festive Spirit??
THEN READ ON!!
SAVE THE CHILDREN’S WOOLLY WONDERLAND
LAUNCHES AT WESTFIELD STRATFORD CITY, E20
- Woolly Wonderland – a 10 day Christmas pop-up for Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day launches at Westfield Stratford City, E20
- Sign up for a workshop at www.christmasjumperday.org/woollywonderland
- Wear your jumper on Christmas Jumper Day on 13 December and donate £1 to Save the Children at www.christmasjumperday.org
Open from 5th-13th December, Woolly Wonderland is a top-to-toe knitted Christmas pop-up that will feature customisation stations, knitting workshops, storytelling and other fun activities for the whole family; it even includes a photo booth to capture guests in their festive finery. [FULL ACTIVITY SCHEDULE BELOW]
Dom Joly and Mary Portas will be hosting sessions alongside The Gruffalo and Elmer in the Snow to help the whole family get into the festive spirit with story-telling, giveaways and fun activities.
The makeover team for John Lewis will be on hand to help decorate Christmas jumpers at customisation workshops, using fashionable textiles and haberdashery to transform them into exciting additions to this year’s winter wardrobes.
Not content with a touch of customising? Save the Children has a whole host of knitting experts on board to help beginners become pros in no time. Fashion knitters Wool and the Gang’s workshops will cover all the basics skills needed to get knitting Christmas jumpers in no time. Join knitting supremo Debbie Bliss for a festive knitter natter as she shares insider craft tips and runs through an especially made pattern to create a cute mini-Christmas jumper. Or why not come along to best-selling knitting author Sue Stratford’s sessions where she will be sharing her knitting know-how
To sign up for workshops visit www.christmasjumperday.org/woollywonderland
Save the Children’s Woolly Wonderland schedule
John Lewis jumper customisation:
- Friday 6 December 6-7pm; Wednesday 11 December 6-7pm; Friday 13 December 12-1pm
Gruffalo reading and activities:
- Saturday 7 December 12-1pm; Sunday 8 December 12-1pm; Monday 9 December 12-1pm; Monday 9 December 3-4pm; Wednesday 11 December 3-4pm
Elmer in the Snow reading and activities:
- Friday 6 December 12-1pm; Friday 12 December 12-1pm
Debbie Bliss knitting:
- Tuesday 9 December 6-7pm; Tuesday 10 December 12-1pm
Sue Stratford knitting:
- Tuesday 10 December 3-4pm
Wool and The Gang Gets their Knit on:
- Thursday 5 December 3-4pm; Thursday 5 December 6-7pm; Friday 6 December 3-4pm; Saturday 7 December 3-4pm; Sunday 8 December 3-4pm; Sunday 8 December 6-7pm; Tuesday 10 December 6-7pm; Thursday 12 December 3-4pm; Friday 13 December 3-4pm
To take part in Save the Children’s Woolly Wonderland, bring your Christmas Jumper and your imagination down to Westfield Stratford, E20 between 5th – 13th December.
To sign up for a specific workshop visit www.christmasjumperday.org/woollywonderland.
Don’t forget to wear your jumper on Christmas Jumper Day on 13 December and donate £1 to Save the Children at www.christmasjumperday.org
For more information and to sign up visit www.christmasjumperday.org.uk
Facebook – www.facebook.com/ChristmasJumperDay
Twitter – @savechildrenuk #xmasjumperday