Heroes of the City is a television cartoon about rescue vehicles in a small town where everybody gets to be a hero!
Follow the exciting adventures of Pauli Police Car and Fiona Fire Engine as they help the townspeople find thieves, put out fires, and solve one of the many mysteries that happen in the otherwise quiet town and meet Calamity Crow, the most unlucky bird in town.
Primarily target at children aged 3-7, Heroes of the City emphasizes friendship and shows what may be accomplished by helping each other.
As well as a television cartoon, Heroes of the City has its own app (suitable for Apple and Android devices) containing movies and lots of fun, educational games, books, DVD’s and die-cast cars.
We were sent a Heroes of the City Book, DVD, Tilly Train die-cast car, Harry Hotrod die-cast car and given the Heroes of the City app to review.
All the kids loved the Heroes of the City products. Zachary went for the die-cast cars straight away, especially Tilly Train. The cars are quite robust and really cute looking. They are big enough for small hands, but not so small that they would get lost in a pocket.
The book we were sent, “The Hot Air Balloon” is all about when Hot Dog Herbies cousin, Ginger Goose, comes to visit in her hot air balloon. Many in the town are curious about the impressive hot air balloon but Calamity Crow is the most curious of all, and with his usual bad luck and habit of poking his beak in to other people’s business, he quickly finds himself dangling helplessly upside down under the rising balloon. Can the Heroes of the City save him?
The book has a hardback cover and the pages feel fairly thick and sturdy, which is great for rough little ones who like to pull on the pages of a book. With easy to read story and amazing illustrations this book was a big hit!
The Heroes of the City DVD contains 5 episodes of the 3D animated TV series. As soon as I put it on the younger 2 were transfixed. The animation really is great and I love the fact that there are morals and hidden messages within the episodes.
The Heroes the City app has a FREE version to download which contains one story, a movie trailer and three games. However, it’s not too expensive to upgrade to the FULL version (less than £10) which is PACKED with movies (which can also be downloaded to your device), stories, and games!
The games are really fun, educational and not too difficult for a 3-year-old to complete.
I love that Heroes of the City is different from a lot of the programmes out there at the moment. They are fun to watch and capture the imagination, but they also teach the children morals and how it feels to help each other out. A great life lesson!
How do you fancy a bundle like the one I was sent? Well you’re in luck as I have one to giveaway to a very lucky winner!
- Heroes of the City Book
- 2 Heroes of the City die-cast Cars
- Heroes of the City DVD
- Enter using the Rafflecopter Widget below
- Open to UK residents only
- Competition ends Midnight on Sunday, April 6th 2014
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by Midnight on Sunday, April 6th 2014.
- One entrant shall win a Heroes of the City Bundle including a DVD, Book and 2 die-cast cars.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Confessions of a SAHM is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of Ruta Ett.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- The winner will be chosen using a random number generator built into the Rafflecopter widget and will be contacted on the email address provided on the same day of the draw finishing. If the winner does not respond within twenty-eight (28) days a new winner will be drawn.