I am not a fan of the traditional beef burgers. I don’t eat beef at all, but do enjoy a occassional burger and chicken burgers can get a bit tedious at times.
I love making my own burgers. They are quick, easy and so yummy! The best part is that you can use any mince that you like, whether it be beef, pork, lamb, turkey etc and you know exactly what is going in to them.
Here is my recipe for my own homemade pork burgers!
Makes about 10 burgers and each burger costs just over 30p to make!
What you’ll need:
- Mince of your choice (around 800g to make 10 burgers).
- 1 onion
- Mixed herbs (optional)
1. Chop and dice 1 onion (or less if you don’t like onion too much – I love big chunky pieces!).
2. Add the mince and onion to a mixing bowl.
3. Add breadcrumbs (around 10-20g or until the mince sticks together) and mixed herbs.
4. Mix by hand until all the ingredients are stuck together.
5. Heat a frying pan and add a little oil.
6. Break off a bit of the mince mixture, roll in to a ball and then pat down to size.
7. Add several burgers to the hot frying pan and fry on both sides until you can see all the meat has cooked on the outside.
8. Optional – I tend to pop my burgers in the oven for a few minutes, just to make sure that the meat is cooked all the way through.
9. Serve in a nice bun with salad!