I’ve really got in to my fitness lately and have taken up running. I use the treadmill at the gym a lot, but have started to go out road running more. The only downside with road running is that I can only go when Paul is home to have the children and then I would go out on my own. Although I had been considering a jogging buggy to enable me to go out during the day and take Zachary in the pushchair with Abigail riding along on her bike.
Britax recently asked me to review their BOB Revolution Pro running buggy and I have to say, it was love at first push!
I love Bob (as we call him). He is so light and versatile.
When the box was delivered I was a little taken aback at how big and heavy it was! In true Britax style, the pushchair was complete, with just the wheel’s needing to be put on. These were very easy to do with a simple push on and a turn of a catch to ensure they are locked in to the correct position.
Literally, within a few minutes, we were up and ready to take it for a spin!
The Revolution Pro comes fully loaded for outdoor adventures and runs. It’s main features are:
- Hand activated rear drum brake for added control – ideal when walking/running hills and inclines.
- Adjustable padded handlebar – with 9 different positions, it’s perfect for all heights.
- Lockable front swivel wheel – ideal for manoeuvring this pushchair. Lock the wheel in to “sport” mode when using running or on rough terrain.
- Easy, two step folding – simply press to levers, fold the pushchair forward and pull the handle on the back of the chair to fold flat. There is a buckle to lock BOB in to position.
- Lightweight frame for easy transport and storage.
- Adjustable suspension system making the ride really smooth.
- Five point harness on the ultra-padded, adjustable reclining seat for ultimate safety and comfort.
- Large multi-position canopy with large viewing window – protects from all elements and allows you to see little one easily.
- High impact Polymer compsit wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes which is ideal for tough terrain.
- Attached wrist strap allows for extra security when pushing, as well as using as a lock when folded.
- Foot activated parking brake to keep the stroller in place when at rest.
The Revolution Pro also has an accessory adapter to allow for quick and easy attachment of the BOB infant car seat adapter or snack tray. Plenty of storage is also available on the Revolution Pro with a large low boy cargo basket underneath the seat, as well as a large pocket on the back of the seat and two internal seat pockets which are ideal for drinks and snacks.
The Revolution Pro is suitable from 6 months up to 17kg (approx 3 years). It is recommended that you do not exceed this weight limit as it can impact the suspension.
If you are a runner and are looking to buy that versatile pushchair, then the BOB Revolution Pro certainly has it all. It’s great on all terrains and light to push without the feeling that it will tip easily as well as being really quick and easy to switch from City to Sport mode with the simple switch of a button on the front wheel.
The BOB Revolution Pro is available in three colours – Black, Wilderness and Red and retails at around £455.00.
*Disclaimer – we were sent the BOB Revolution Pro for this review, however this in no way impacts our opinions and views are entirely our own.