It really bugs me when K comes out of school with her socks halfway down her calf where they have fallen down as she’s walking or playing. Knee length socks, to me, are meant to be able to stay up and be knee-length but they never do, do they?
Trying to find socks that are suitable for school and actually stay up as they are supposed to is hard and we have gone through many different types.
We were asked to review a pair of socks by Little Grippers. Little Grippers is a British Brand who have invented an ingenious solution to stop items of clothing falling off or slipping down. Their products, which currently include socks and mittens, incorporate natural, hypoallergenic ‘stay-on’ technology.
The product description of the socks state:
“Our School Socks are designed to Stay Up! Gone are the days of schoolgirls constantly pulling their school socks up or looking untidy. Our socks are made with a cotton rich content and a small amount of stretch for comfort and fit. Our unique natural, hypoallergenic Stay On Technology is applied by robots inside the top of the socks to help them stay up. Each sock has its size clearly knitted on the sole for easy pairing and its own little secret, our trendy Gecko hidden under the foot.”
Now socks that stay up interested me and I wanted to see how they fare against an energetic 6-year-old!
I was really impressed when they arrived. They’re soft to touch and very handy to have the size knitted on the bottom. K tried them on and they went on with ease. No fighting to get her foot in. You can feel where the grip material is at the top of the sock as it feels a little tacky to touch, but K assured me that it didn’t feel tacky against her skin or anything. The best bit was they actually stayed up! She went to school with them up, and came home with them up! They wash up really well too, with the grip not being ruined.
The socks themselves are £4 per pair, which would be slightly more than I would pay for a pair of socks, but then I guess you get what you pay for? If you are looking for some nice school socks, that stay up when they are supposed to, then they are a good investment. The sizes range is quite big, so you would definitely get your monies worth.
The sock ranges are:
- 3-6years – Shoe Size 8.5 – 12.5
- 7-10years – Shoe Size 12.5 – 3.5
- 11+years – Shoe Size 4 – 7
- 14+years – Shoe Size 7.5 – 10
Little Grippers do both Girl and Boy range socks. The girls come in Knee Length and Over the Knee Length, in White, Grey and Black. The boys socks are either Knee Length or Short Socks and available in either Black or Grey.
I really rate these socks, and will definitely be investing in more for K now the nice weather is here and the Summer Dresses are out!
The lovely people at Little Grippers have very kindly allowed me to give YOU a chance to win a whole weeks worth of Little Grippers Socks! That’s 5 pairs in total with a RRP of £20!! How cool is that??
To enter this giveaway, simply complete the information required in the Rafflecopter widget below.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. All entries must be received by Midnight on Tuesday 7th May 2013.
4. One entrant shall win five pairs of school socks in the style/colour/size of their choice
5. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
6. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
7. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
8. Confessions of a SAHM is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of Little Grippers.
9. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
10. By entering the competition you agree to the use of your name, address in publicity relating to the competition and you are giving Little Grippers permission to contact you at a future date.
11. The winner will be chosen using a random number generator built into the Rafflecopter widget and will be contacted on the email address provided within five (5) days of the draw. If the winner does not respond within fourteen (14) days a new winner will be drawn.
*Disclaimer: We were given one pair of little grippers socks to review for this article. This, in no uncertain terms, affected our review of this product.