The summer holidays are fast approaching us. J finishes his first year of Primary School, and K has her last ever day at Nursery.
Last year our summer wasn’t great as I was pregnant with A at the time and having complications, which resulted with me being in and out of hospital all summer.
I am in two minds about the forthcoming summer holidays for various reasons.
- We are having our kitcen ripped out, re-wired and new kitchen put in. This will take 2 weeks to do, at the beginning of August!
- J is off for 7 weeks. K does not start until 2 weeks later, so she will be home for nearly 9 weeks in total.
- Trying to entertain a nearly 6 year old, 4.5yr old and 9 month old without it costing us an arm ana a leg, is near on impossible.
- J has 6 appointments to attend in the space of a month!!
- Summer holidays are TOO long!
- The great ol’ British weather is unpredictable.
On the plus side though, we do have Merlin Annual passes, so we can do as many trips to Thorpe Park / Chessington / Legoland as we like. Just pack a picnic.
I also drive and i dont mind driving places, so I think a trip to the coast is on the cards!
I’d love to put the kids in the car and drive the down to the West Country. It’s such a beautiful place and I haven’t been for over a decade.
So, at the moment, I am trying to plan our summer holiday activities…..easier said than done!!!